Friday, September 16, 2005

Hello

Well today was not a good day.

Someone went into my lunch and stole my chips.

Isnt that just down right low down and dirty! I was so upset. I went immediately to the engineers office and demanded my key. I havent had a key since the first day and I have been asking repeatedly for one. My room has been open and I thought something else had been taken but I wasnt sure. This time, I knew for sure.

I just have to turn it over to God and say somebody must have been hungry. They left my grapes and only took the chips. I had eaten the sandwich at lunch. This all took place within a 10 - 20 minute time span. I told my mentor and asked him what I should do and he said just forget it, let them have the chips in peace. I told security about it too. I know something else has been stolen. I bring my lunch everyday, its not like I'm giving the image of being a big spender or that I have lots of stuff. I try to be very low profile. Well, I have my key now and they may have those chips but I dont plan to allow them to get anything else from me. Everything else was fine today. I am not going to let this taint my views of the entire school. One person's theft doesnt make everyone a thief. I can say this now but I wasnt saying this when it happened. Its such a personal violation. Someone was in my lunch bag!!!

People will do anything. I think it was a student. They left the grapes and took the chips. If they were hungry I would have given them to them instead of having them take it from me.  OK, enough of that. Its over and I'm moving on from that emotion.

Now that I have said all of those things I am thinking of how I must have sounded and looked. I was upset over some chips. Now I can say where are my values? Was I being Christ-like after finding out someone had stolen from me? Was I taking it out on other people who had nothing to do with it and who in fact were trying to help me? I didnt yell or scream at anyone. I was just very controlled and terse.

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive