Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Week's Vacation

I am finally home. I have been on the go with mama and the baby since I got home. He had a doctor's appt today. This was his two month check up and his first series of shots. He got four shots today. Poor baby. He was mad. But he took it really well. He cried and we made sure he was fed and his diaper was changed before the shots. We gave him tylenol right after and he is expected to possibly have a fever for the next 24 hrs but he might not. He's going to be on the plane in the afternoon and then he will be in a new place for a whole week. They have been having a heat wave out there since May. Its dry and desert like in places. Not like here where there is more humidity. He might do well out there. I know one thing, I don't have to see them again until next Friday when I pick them up at the airport. I think I have seen him almost every day since he was born. I'm exhausted. I've been working every day and then coming home and taking care of baby. I plan to enjoy this week. Its my mini vacation.

Today was so good. It started out with one of my students getting kicked out. He had a fight on the bus and a fight is automatic out. Plus he was a already on a contract for behavior. We will miss him. Not.

The Field Museum man was really good. We finished right on time for lunch. Then the children go off to their swimming or crafts or soccer. We have a break for an hour and a half on Tues and Thurs. After that we finished our silk screens in the art room. Tomorrow will be sort of easy, we are at the Field Museum all day. Everyone says next week will go by quickly. I hope so. Just knowing that I won't have anything to do in the evening is rewarding enough. Unless you decide to plan something for us to do next week. At least this time I'll be able to do it.

Well I am so tired. We were in the doctor's office for almost two hours. Then we went to Verizon because she has been using my cell phone because her's broke and I don't really use my that much. We were going to get her another phone but I told her she could take mine on the trip. Then we went to Target. Finally the baby had enough. I had to carry him around in Target. She carried him in Verizon. I am sure I will fall asleep quickly tonight. I'm going to try and find out right now. Have a very blessed evening and sleep well. You are very close to my heart and I will think about you with love. Good Night.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive