Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hi

Hi

I spent the day trying to get comfortable. I didn't go to the movies. I watched Firewall at home.

I got a call that the airline had lost her luggage. What else can happen. Then I get a call they have found it. Can I now be excluded from the baby momma drama for a week, please.

I'm listening to last week's sermon. I feel so bad that the churches are so divided and the unity that we try to create and make real in and out of church is being strained.

Assimilation. Steal their culture and identity. What is it that we becoming. What have we lost? How do we get our own identity? How did abolitionist not become offended when people called them N lovers? How do you not become offended when they say that about you? You have to be able to hold onto your identity. Don't lose yourself in relationships. Don't lose yourself. Don't be a slave. Don't assimilate.

Verse 8- but Daniel resolved not to defile himself. Daniel purposed in himself not to defile himself with eating somebody else's food. Be careful who you eat with. Who you eat and break bread with you open your heart to. Its not unusual that Jesus broke bread. We don't have time to sit down with family but we will make deals at the table. I cannot be bought. Daniel was unwavering in his devotion to God. What you love is what will sway you. We confuse love with lust. We say we love somebody but we really mean we lust after it. Daniel said I am rooted in my faith and I will not give in to the pressures around me. Sometimes the pressures around us make us give in and assimilate to the world.Are you for sale? Unless we are resolved to make up in our mind to obey God we have to resolve to trust and obey God.

Don't give into temptation. Sometimes temptation is so strong we have to remember that God is faithful. God will not tempt you more than you can bear, he will always give you a way out. Sometimes you have a way out but you don't want to get out. There are some things I am going to draw the line on because I want to keep my integrity. I will not be compromised on my convictions. Even if there is pressure to bow down. Its not that your flesh is so powerful its just that your spirit is too weak. We must pledge our allegiance to God first. We must not be prostitutes to the devil.

What kept Daniel strong under pressure? Something he knew and something he did. He knew that God was in control. HE KNEW. Its not about what he does for you that makes him God. He doesn't need to prove himself, he's God. You got to know that you know that you know that God is God. I dont know how hes going to do it but I know that all things are going to work together for them that love him. Daniel was a man of prayer. Daniel never stopped praying. He set time to be with the Lord. He was faithful to the Lord.

I feel so much better after writing this. This is my time with God and I am renewed. God refreshes my soul. Be blessed tonight and sleep well. I love you. Unbossed and unbought. When we have done all we can do stand. It cost to be unbossed and unbought. It will hurt. You will cry. We can agree to disagree and still be friends. Some people pull the race card and when they cant stand on the truth they attack the person. Haters will say things about you. God knows your heart. Decide if you are going to live for Jesus. Take the church thing seriously. Try to do what you believe is right in your heart, you will find that it cost. We assimulate because its easier. I'd rather be alone with Jesus than to be with the crowd that's walking away from Jesus. Renew my first love. Fall so much in love with God that nothing will matter but a love for God. Nothing is going to make you stay in the righteous path except the love for God. Things are pulling at me but I have to take one more step towards Jesus. Lust pulls, and other things pull me, but I have to say no, I am pulling you closer to him. I'm bringing you closer to Jesus. I love Jesus more than anything. More than affirmation, pressure, feeling good. I love Jesus. My heart is hurting but I love you Jesus. I'm scared but I love you Jesus. I love you , I love you, I love you. We love you, we love you. Good Night.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive