Monday, July 24, 2006

Good Morning

Good Morning Lord. Let justice roll. I've been reading Amos Chapters 5 and 6 this morning. God your word is tough and hard. Your truths are direct and sharp. Your prophets are people willing to tell the hard truth. Injustice anywhere is not to be tolerated. Jeremiah had hard truths to tell to his people. Is it so hard understand that a living wage creates a better society. But then we know that a better society is not what is wanted. They support the rich getting richer (as long as they are part of it) and the poor just keeps swirling around in the same old stuff. A few get out every now and then and when they do they forget what it was like in the muck. I see too many minorities walking away from the poor of their race. I know that often they are thought to be the saviors of the family and that can drain their enthusiasm. Drugs and alcohol were deliberately placed here to keep the poor down. I've been studying the Native Americans and it is stated  that the Spaniards deliberately introduced alcohol to them because that would insure confusion and take away their will to fight. Lord, I know that the opposition is great but it doesn't mean that we just give up. Decades and decades of fighting with very little advancement. It can be done, it is not easy, it is necessary. Lord I'm rambling, this is not coherent, it doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm going to see if I can get another hour of sleep. I've been up since 3:30. I have a long day ahead of me.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive