Thursday, March 2, 2006

HI

HI

I have had a wonderful week and I am trying to keep that wonderfulness going.

I am watching one of my favorite movie actresses portrayed by Jeniffer Love Hewitt.

Its Audrey Hepburn. I love the movies of the fifties and sixties. The stars that embellish that era. Marilyn Monroe, Doris Day, Gary Cooper,  Cary Grant,  Sean Connery, Sidney Poitier, etc. I love the movies of this era. Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Ginger Rodgers, etc. I dont watch them all the time but something about those movies intrigue me. The fact that they attempt to emulate a perfect society is always intriguing. Segregation is evident and the simple plot of plain day to day existence continues to enthrall everyday man's existence.  We are all just trying to survive in this world.

My students told me I was not to talk ghetto to them. They seem to need me to be something they are not used to and someone who will continue to expect the extreme best of them no matter what. That really ehlped vaildate my efforts. I didn't want to seem stuffy or overbearing but when they wanted me to not bring it down to their level they told me they wanted more and could rise to the what ever was presented before them. I felt really good to hear that. I felt they were receptive of my efforts to educate them and to reach them at their level and bring them up to another level. They like me.  That's important to me. My efforts are not in vain.  I can go to sleep tonight knowing that my students want me to challenge them, to always introduce new words to them regularly and to keep them on the cutting edge of their education.

What a day. Have a good evening and be blessed. I love you.

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive