Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Thank You

Thank You so much for the powerful experience of being able to view the documentary and listen to the producer tell about his journey. The story needs to be told and the truth really needs to come out. Even though the remaining people involved are black, they need to tell the truth, I hate the fact that a crime of oppression against a black person now only has black people let to pay the consequences. Pay they must. Grant immunity, get the truth, the real truth. The story needs to be told truthfully, no matter what the consequences are. We know the confession of the main participants but they didnt do it alone. I saw the PBS documentary and it was very similar but took to audience  down the reason why it was a big deal for Emmett to interact in anyway with a white woman. It was a different angle. 

I plan to incorporate the movie and more of the story of Emmett Till in my curriculum. The Lawndale Community Center called so that I could spend three days next week with the community, parents and getting to know some of the students next week before I begin teaching. I thought that was a good idea. It gives me a chance to meet and greet who I will be teaching and find out about their environment and homelife. I'm looking forward to the experience.

I continue to have a good spirit of expectation. I'm ready to talk and relax, and I know its my time to do this. I don't know where it will lead but I continue to have a spirit of expecation. I count it all as joyu. Nothing but goodness.

I hope you are just getting fed up with me and all of this stuff because I know I am. You are really great. I know this and I dont want you to feel rejected in anyway. I continue to have a good spirit of expectation and nothing but good things are going to happen. I am thinking positive and expecting the best from this, no matter what.

I want you to take care of yourself. Do what you need to do, be safe and careful. Continue to speak the truth and be the strong person you are. You are a good person. I have to say thins to you eventhough I seem to be repeating it, I want you to know that I do think you are a great person. You do so much for the community and I know your heart is in the right place.

Have a good night and be blessed.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive