Saturday, August 20, 2005

Hi

 

I wound up cooking a big meal today. My daughter is leaving tomorrow and we are spending some quality time together. My other daughter is hardly ever here anymore. She tells me he needs me mom and he says he loves me. I tell her to be careful rescuing people. Notice that when someone is drowning if you jump in with them then you wind up drowning too. If you extend a pole or something to pull them in with you can usually save them and yourself. I don't want my daughter to drown. I know she wants to do the right thing and she thinks she's doing that by trying to bring him out of the hood and having a new life in our town. They have a apartment here. Its close to her job. She's the only one working. He seems to do other things for money. He continues to say he's trying get into the music business, but I'm very leary. Just this past week the police came to house looking for my daughter. I told them she was a work and what was this all about. It seems a young man was driving a car she had rented and drove off without paying for gas. I was shocked! I told them where to find her and we called her. Her boyfriend was told to return to her job and she had to go through the embarrassment of having police cars waiting at her job for her boyfriend for over an hour. Three cars! When he came, seems there was a mistake made. The attendant put the amount he prepaid on the wrong pump and thought he had driven off without paying. I told him that was too much drama for me and I don't like the idea of the police coming to my house and having to go to my daughter's job looking for her boyfriend. Oh he's sooo sorry and he never meant for anything wrong to happen and he loves my daughter sooo much. Uh Huh. Well we'll see. He even had his mom call me and tell me how much he loves my daughter and how living out here will be so good for him. Uh Huh. We'll see. I don't want to be negative, this could be the best thing in her life and I want her to be happy, but signs are not to be ignored either. Let's just say I'm cautious.

Nothing but life gets in the way of God's plans for us. If we give up our life for the sake of Christ then he will find a way to give it back to us. He said He came so that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Life. How we decide to live it is what's most important. In an instant our lives can change. We have to cherish every moment.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive