Friday, January 21, 2005

Joy

                          "Pink Abstract" Print

A Joyful heart is the normal result of a heart burning with love. Joy must be one of the pivots of our life. It is the token of a generous personality. Sometimes it is also a mantle that clothes a life of sacrifice and self giving. - Mother Teresa

CLIII

Cupid laid by his brand, and fell asleep.

A maid of Dian's this advantage found,

And his love-kindling fire did quickly steep

In a cold valley-fountain of that ground;

Which borrow'd from this holy fire of Love

A dateless lively heat, still to endure,

And grew a seething hath, which yet men prove

Against strange maladies a sovereign cure.

But at my mistress' eye Love's brand new-fired,

The boy for trial needs would touch my breast;

I, sick withal, the help of bath desired,

And thither hied, a sad distemper'd guest,

But found no cure: the bath for my help lies

Where Cupid got new fire-my mistress' eyes. - William Shakespeare

 

Good Morning and Blessings to YOU. I hope you have a wonderful day, as I plan to do just that.

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive