Saturday, January 22, 2005

Good Morning

 

"Daisy's Hide and Seek" Print

Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day.

The center is not open today due to snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

1 Corinthians 13:13

I didn't like the words judgemental and self-righteous. I felt they were harsh and I didn't want to let another day go by without apologizing for the use of those words. My spirit directed me to Acts 6:8 - 7:60. Stephen is a man of wisdom and is full of the holy spirit. He received dissent for the Jews and they "could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke."  I believe that you speak the truth and when you stand for that, there are those who try to stand up against you for it. Stephen begins to give them the history of their people since Abraham, the facts and the testimony of the events that happened in the past and in the present. He tells them they are stiff necked and have uncircumcised hearts and ears. The resist the Holy Spirit. Knowing his fate with these people he asks "Was there ever a prophet your fathers did not persecute?"

You, my friend are a prophet, and the people, no matter what, need to hear your voice. They will listen to you, they will hear you, some will obey you.

I don't like the ending of Stephen but I understand that, like Jesus, if we are to truly walk like him and be willing to speak the truth, we have to be ready for real persuction and death. We all have a purpose and if we attempt to please God in our lifetime we have to know that whether we go down that road or not we will still die one day.

I don't like this talk, it seems like death has been around me lately. You have funerals all the time. How does it affect you? Have you become numb or do you speculate on your own immortality occasionally?

Ok, today, I prepare for my teaching experience on Tuesday, to show them what I can do. I prepare for class on Monday by reading The Passionate Teacher, and maybe I might get in my weekly movie. I havent decided what I'll see yet.

Take Care and be Blessed and be a Blessing to someone.

"The Piano Lesson" Print

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive