Sunday, January 23, 2005

God's Morning

 

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." - Colossians 3:23

Bible Study Notes

January 18, 2005

"Who and What is the Church?"

Coming to a time of NOW.

Rekindle the fire of who we are.

We have been called to greatness.

Building the infrastructure

1 Timothy 3:14-15

Church means a body or a called out people. Called out or set apart. CHOSEN. A group of believers, brought together by a spirit, entrusted by a shepard or pastor, to live/grow in the knowledge of the things of GOD and live out vision with other imperfect people.

It's about a group of believers.

Not everybody that comes to church is a believer.

Church is a group of believers brought together by the Holy Spirit.

We need to know we are here because the Holy Spirit has called us to be where we are.

We are called by the Holy Spirit.

We are called by the HOLY SPIRIT.

We are not here by chance.

We must operate in our calling.

To grow in the knowledge of the things of GOD.

The reason is so we won't be ignorant to the porpose and things of the devil (to kill, steal, and destroy).

We should grow in the things of GOD yearly.

Knowledge is real, if it promotes activity. Put it to use.

Real knowledge moves to our ability to be free and free others.

Be blessed and be a blessing to someone else.

When we receive Jesus we obligate ourselves.

There are commitments we have, obligations and responsibilities.

We must grow up and operate in Christ.

The grown up Christ.

See me as who I am and not who you want me to be.

We have to step into our ministry.

The Mission and Vision for him.

Amos 5:18-24

"For a Corporate Vision"

We are no longer a Christ like church when we become more of a "ME-ism"

GOD is the organizer and owner of church.

The church is the pillar and foundation

John 17:15-18

Sanctify them by the truth, your word is the truth.

The church must be the place where the truth is upheld.

Philippians 2:14-16

We are called to be a light, Christ owns that light.

Don't be confused with real light, sun light, and artificial light.

The End

Those are my notes from bible study. I am trying to give this my heart to whatever extent I can. I want you to know what I think about what you have said and I want to know if I got it. Did I understand you correctly? Are we on the same page and if not, let's get on the same page. I believe its worth it to get it right.

"The Lord Creating from the Sea" Poster

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive