Saturday, June 10, 2006

I'm Better

My day has gone well considering the constant mishaps that have occurred. When I arrived at school we had a hoard of students who still needed to pay for their cap and gown. I ,of course, am in charge of the graduation ceremony, why they did that I will never know, so I had about eight receipts to write and then get the gowns from the vault. I still have students who plan to pay on Monday! Anyway, I had the other teachers working on the ceremony.I had written all of the speeches, written the welcomes and picked the songs from the selections they had made. I did not need to be at the rehearsal. I then had to go to Balfour and pick up the salutatorian, valedectorian, and four honor ribbons. They have not had any of these in over four years. None were ordered and none were available. I have made so much money over  the past week its ridiculous. Selling autograph books and just encouraging students to participate in the luncheon, autograph books and graduation fees. I will be so happy when its Monday afternoon and its around 1:30 in the afternoon. Then I heard we are not being paid for today. What a bummer. All this time and effort and nothing for the teachers.

After I left I went to the store to look for preemies diapers. Austin Micahel is just 6 pounds 0 ounces. When I found some after looking at two different stores I call her and find out that she doesnt want them. I buy a couple of different bottles of wine and I am carded. I know I don't look 21. I have been carded almost everytime I buy any liquor anywhere. I am 48 years old! I know others would feel flattered but I am sick and tired of being carded. I am a grown woman! I know I don't look like a child in my twenties. I am flattered about being someone in my thirties but to be 48 and still carded. I'm tired of it. Today wasn't the day to card me. I was rude to the sales clerk and I didnt take it as a compliment.

I plan to go see my grandson today. I have been wanting to show you a picture for the past two weeks but I havent had an opportunity. My two Michaels. He is my cutie, he is my heart. I just love him to death. I was so worried aobut being Nana or Granny but now I don't care what he calls me, I just want to hear him call me something and he's only 14 days old!

I feel better and I am not as gloomy as I was this morning. I love yo and I will look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive