Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Children

Children. I believe every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

My children on the other hand are of a different nature. Their half sister just had her baby today in Idaho. It's early and therefore premature. She and her husband in Idaho decided to name the child Rune. Runes are ancient stones that Wiccan (witches) used to tell the future. I said that the name was pagan and did not worship God nor is it trying to worship anything of the Christian world. I was told that I am wrong. They are not pagans or devil worshippers. I said they may not consciously be worshipping the devil but to name their child something that is clearly associated with the dark arts is wrong. I was clearly told that I should not associate that with the dark arts and that everything is fine. I then told them, if the child is not representing the Lord Almighty in name and action then the name is inadvertently representing the devil and his spirits. I said every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. They are Mormon and they have a different view. I'm making a big deal out of nothing. They are right about one thing, its nothing, because I will probably never see this child and that's fine with me.  They will know one thing that I believe in Christ and that I am a Believer in the Resurrected Christ and that the devil is a liar and a deceiver.  Don't you just love being a part of my family discussions.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive