Monday, February 20, 2006

Doctors

Sometimes God will have you in a place and not let you know until you are there what you are suppose to do. I have been taking my daughter to her appointments for a few months now. I didnt take her to the last one, her boyfriend took her. Each time I have asked her to talk to the doctor about different things going on with her. Each time she said she did but he didnt do anything. So this time I went with her into the exam room. I'm her mother and I had to talk to a man rudely and with authority to get the services that my daughter needed and was entitled to. She is on the medicaid assistance card and he accepts it. Now he was treating her, or at least making her feel bad because she was on it, now I told him she required the same service as anyone else, no matter what type of insurance she has. My daughter didnt grow up on medicaid, and this is her first time ever using this kind of service, and even if she did he is not to disrespect her just because she has public assistance. He was a korean male in his 50's or 60's even. When I spoke to him with authority and wouldnt let him toss off her concerns and made him listen to her, and spoke over him as he tried to speak over me, he respond to her concerns, he had a different attitude. He said she didn't have to bring her mother in to talk to him, she could talk to him herself. I told him she is new at this and she tried but he just didn't listen. She said Mommy, I told him the same thing but he said I had a medical card and these things cost. I told her it is not for him to decide what you can afford and not afford. He has to provide and offer the same service to you as he would to any other patient. He made me mad, treating my daughter poorly. Then he tried to diss her on her boyfriend/husband situation. I stopped him right away. I may not like that boy but he was not about to talk about him or my daughter's choice or situation. How is it that physicians, who are dealing with women in a fragile situation, can make them feel so bad. I told her to change doctors but she has been with him and just wants to let him deliver the baby and be done with him. I don't think he deserves the right to do that. I think I need to talk to him one more time to let him know that he has poor people skills.

OK, enough of me complaining. I'm listening to yesterday's sermon. There is more that is required of me. When my heart gets broken I need a healer. Does it need to be fixed or does it need to be healed? god isso awesome. I am amazed daily by the things that He does for me.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive