Sunday, May 28, 2006

Good Morning

Good Morning Lord. God has blessed me with my first grandchild. Isnt he adorable. Father God watch over him, his parents and the rest of his family and friends. It has been a very interesting day. I have spent most of my waking morning trying to figure out how to send the picture from my phone to my email and then how to insert it into my journal. I have finally done that.

God works in very wonderful and mysterious ways. Here I was on Friday, enjoying an evening with some of my church family, they were thoughtful  enough to give what is now officially known as a Granny Shower. They gave gifts for the baby and gave me some wonderful advice about how to handle this young man that my daughter seems to love. I was prepared to go on a week long fast and work on my attitude towards this young man and be able to establish boundaries for myself. But no, God said tonight, you will have to put all this advice and knowledge into play. Tonight, this baby is coming. On my way home at 11pm I get a call from my daughter, I think I am in labor. This prompted me to tell her to call the doctor immediately. When she did and received no answer, I was home. I went to bed around midnight and I was awaken at 3:30am. Lord, I just want to thank you for that nap, because after that I was able to function. I went and picked her up. We went to the hospital. Sure enough they said she was having that baby. At 8:17am Austin Michael joined us in this world. He came out crying. What a blessing. This picture is minutes after his birth, after they have cleaned him up. No one had a camera but we all had our cell phones and they have cameras on them. The baby wasnt due for another week but he decided he would get here early. Five pounds and five ounces. WOW. She will come home on Monday. Then the real excitement begins.

I thank God for all of his blessings. I especially thank you for all that you do to keep me centered and focus. You are very important to me. Your words calm me and center me. I can listen to a tape or the internet and begin to think again about the possibilities. Thank You.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive