Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What a Night

My plan had been to go to my dad's, because he had not answered his phone for the last four days, check up on him, find him OK and then go to bible study.

When I get there, he is a mess, literally. He had been having diaharea and there is poop all over the floor. When I begin to clean it up, I notice it hard not soft. This has been here for a while. He is not in the best of conditions so I take him to urgent care. The doctor is concerned that he stopped coming to his appointments over a year ago. He has lost 88 pounds and stopped taking all of the different medications he was on. All of this occurred around May of 2005. I had noticed changes but I didnt really pay close attention until today. He was weak due to the fact he hasnt eaten for three days. The doctor put it as he had a failure to thrive. His will to live was diminished. We have to go back tomorrow to have test done. The doctor thinks its dementia or some other dibilating disease. My dad is 70 years old and I wasnt expecting this. The fact that I was over today made him happy. He said he has felt better than he has in a long time.

I wanted to be at bible study really bad today. I'm tired and I'm going to bed now. Be blessed.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive