Friday, December 30, 2005

Last Date Night of the Year

2005 is almost over. I'm looking at the last Friday of 2005. I think I have reached a point where I know I am limited. I can't play an instrument, I did know how to play the piano but I haven't done that since third grade. I stopped because Sister Luke kept cracking my knuckles with the ruler every time I made a mistake. I went to Lyon and Healy but the enthusiam just wasn't there. I can't skate, I broke my ankle when I took my daughters for skating lessons, they learned and I was in a cast for eight weeks. I'm not really good at any sport, I played softball in Iceland and even though our team went to regionals I didn't play. I watched sports with my dad just so I could talk to him but it doesn't mean I really know them or even like them. I'm going to the Bulls on Saturday and I could care less. What is it that I know how to do?  I used to take ballet when I was young but I kept getting shin splints and I have flat feet so that didn't work out. I do love ballet and structured dance, whatever form it takes, ballet, tango, square, waltz any kind of dance, I like. I need a talent. I need to know how to do something. I'm searching for a talent. I liked and still do like dancing. I like having a good time. Whatever that means. I enjoy board games, I'm very competitive.  I love Scrabble, Monopoly and Trival Pursuit. I like card games too. Bid Whist, Spades, solitare. I enjoy most games. I love to win. I am destined to win or fail trying really hard. So when I fall in love I believe it is for real. It is a competition. A final conquest. A heartfelt desire and final conquest. I have received a prize. The prize of all prizes. I have someone who values the love between the two of us as extremely important. It is the bond that holds us together. Its what makes me know that while God is my ultimate love you fall second to a very high first. What a position to be in. What makes you tick? What excites you? What is your heart's desire? Where do I fit in your picture of a perfect world and perfect partner? Who am I to you? How do you put up with me? Are you still interested in me?

Well, more deep thinking on my part and no real answers from you. Just rambling on from me.

Take Care and have a blessedevening.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive