Friday, October 5, 2007

Today was a trip. We had a gas leak scare. We had to stand outside for almost forty minutes until we were cleared to go in. Then of course the students were on 10. The fact that they had lunch and then we got to keep them for another a two hours was just .ridiculous, They are not use to any change to their schedule and the fact that we had to stand outside for forty minutes was just too much for them to process. The afternoon was just crazy. I took my things and tried to leave when the students left. We had a parent arguing with another parent in the lower grades. What is it that they dont understand about setting an example for the student. Parents cursing at students teachers and principals. What an example to set for students.

Then I get to go home and travel for one and a half hours on the expressway. Pick up the baby, who is grumpy because he's been up since 6 this morning traveling with mom and doing hair for a wedding and not getting a good nap. I hear he has heard the word s-h-i-t and that's now his new favorite word. I pick him up, take him home, give him a bath and its off to bed. He is out like a light.

I'm happy he's out. I have a workshop tomorrow at DePaul and I need a little rest. I am so thankful for three day weekends.

I had my outburst, now I am going to rest. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive