Sunday, October 21, 2007

I am a Child of The Most High God

Thank You, thank you, thank you my love.

you never disappoint me.

I have figured out your messages to me. Somewhat figured them out anyway.

Some days you are in love and your message is just about how much you love. You haven't talked that way in a while but I still remember. How you need a message a day, its like taking your meds or your vitamins. How you cant wait to be married and the weeding dress better be a tear away style. How cute, does Vera Wang make those.

Other times you are the tough type. Grow up, stop letting Satan use you as a punching bag. You are not his whipping boy. Get your act together and stop being a punk.

Then there's the message like today. Yes, I know you have pain and you have a problem but remember God is with you. You are a child of the most high God and you are worth more than that. No one can bring you where you don't want to go. These problems are real and the consequences are real also.

I will not lower myself to their level and curse at the students, but I will work on my management skills for the classroom. I will do what I need to do to improve my techniques. I am not just going to stay the same.

Thank God for Professional Development. I have another Science one tomorrow for the sixth grade. When I go in on Tuesday I will make some changes. I still have to go back on Monday for a meeting after school for the new reading program. I really do like this school. Its better than the other ones but still no where near the suburban schools have here been in.  Its still no where near the caliber of the suburban schools. I will attend the PD on Thursday. I have paid for it, I will submit my paid receipt and see how long it takes for them to reimburse me. This week will be good. I am in the classroom Tuesday and Wednesday, PD on Thursday and Monday, Back in on Friday but we are suppose to have a field trip to the AFC Theatre. Lets see if that happens. They never want to let the upper children do anything. I heard the field trips for the upper children was two years ago. I know they dont want me to take them but I will take twenty if thats all that they allow to go. My total number of students is 134 students, give or take ten here and there. Then they wonder why the children act the way they do. They constantly promise the older children something and then back away by saying their behavior. How do you expect them to know how to act if you never all them the chance to experience anything. Most of them have never been anywhere outside of the four square blocks that surround their home.

Enough about them, I have a day off from the school tomorrow and I plan to enjoy it. I will always remember that life can be a lot worse than it is right now and that my problems are small and minute to others who have to wonder what they will eat tonight, where they will sleep and who will love them.

Always remember to love like you have never been hurt before. That is what I will remember.

Be blessed tonight and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive