Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Heavenly Help

Well, my prayers were answered. I have a job. It's as an 8th grade Reading/Language Arts Gifted Teacher. Sounds scary but I can handle it. The interview went so well. Within thirty minutes they were offering me the job. I know that this is going to be better than the last one, just because I have more experience.

I don't want to ignore help from God or his direction or intervention. I pray that this is a good choice and that the school is a good fit for me. I want to enhance the  students thinking skills and the need for education. Lord, Open the Floodgates of Heaven and let it Rain. I just give thanksgiving and praise for all that the Lord has done for me.

I watched Coach Carter when I got home last night so I could write something for the praise report. One very prolific thing that I remember from the movie was"what do you fear"? Then finally when he figured it out he recited poetry about fear, our greatest fear being not that we will do poorly, but that we will succeed. We fear our greatness of what we can achieve. I remember you preached on something similar to that also. We fear our own acheivements. I fear our acheivements together. I see good things happening and great things being acomplished. Why would I fear that? One of the things I know about you is that you aint afraid of nothing. I love it. You take the challenge by the horns and go at, win or lose, your faith keeps you strong. You are a force to be reckoned with.When I'm around you I just trust in Jesus Christ to make all thing possible.

I know I have to let go of the idea that we can save ourselves. I say I want Christ to save me yet I continue to do it my way. I ask for help, God sends help and I cant seem to walk out on faith with the help that he sends. I question whether this was help from God or was it me being in control again? How do I know the difference?

I just ask God to  humble me and I just continue to spend time in reflection, thanksgiving and worship. I want to grow spiritually.

Take Care of yourself and be blessed. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive