Friday, May 6, 2005

Divine Intervention

Hello.

What a wonderful day. I was supposed to have my observation by the principal today. I was all ready to dazzle her with this wonderful lesson and she didn't show up.Now I will have to do another one next week for her but, today, I didn't have my observation.

I know I talk entirely too much about my job. I am a victim of circumstances when it comes to my job. This is what I do everyday. Its full time and it consumes a lot of my time.

When I started this journal I didnt have a fulltime job. Then I was student teaching and that was a different sort of responsibility. Then from November to January I didnt have a fulltime job. Then I got a fulltime job. Oh my goodness. How do people do it.??? Work fulltime, go to school, have a family, a church life and sanity. How do we reduce the stress and increase the love? I just think we all have such busy lives that we forget about the important people in our lives. We don't forget as much as we just take for granted people will be there and then one day they aren't. They feel taken for granted and not treasured so we have to give them a special day. Mom's Day, Dad's Day to show them they are loved and treasured..

It's a challenge that takes place everyday. With mother's day coming up I take my hat to all mothers who have ever done all of this and continue to do it now. I know there are mother's who stay at home with children and there are tremendous hurdles to jump in that scenario too. I stayed home for six years. Mom's of any kind need recognition. I have no more grandparents. They're all gone. My grandmother was my favorite. She taught me to cook and everything important. My mother hates it when I say that.

I'm just thinking out loud now. I havent written anything lately with the communications ministry and hear you talking about being in ministries and moving around. I need to be more stable with that aspect.

I heard why the brother complained in the story of the prodigal son this week and it was thought provoking. I had wondered for a long time on that. I heard that he had stayed and done all the right things and still wasn't rewarded. Sometimes when you do the right thing for so many years you wonder if anything good is going to happen to you. But I know you can't always expect to be rewarded or even expect recognition. It's life.

I'm preparing for tomorrow by doing my lesson plan tonight. I plan to enjoy my weekend. I have to go over to my dad's tomorrow. I haven't seen him for a few weeks and its about time I do.

Well, enough from me for now. I pray that I can be faithful to my task for the weekend and that I will see you on Sunday. That's something to look forward to. Do you plan to go in the garden this weekend?  Have a good night and I will talk to you in the am. Be blessed and be a blessing. My heart, to your heart.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive