Sunday, May 13, 2007

Prepare Me For Change

 

Father God it seemed like such a harsh blow to take her son, her only son. But we have to always remember that your will is our will. We may not know your reason or your purpose. Sometimes it seems we are just stretching our faith out blindly, hoping, praying for something to make us feel better. God heals our brokenness, and God helps us to develop defense mechanisms to move through the hurt.

 If we are just willing to be uncomfortable, through that discomfort we are able to find our faith in God. Through our struggles to communicate we find discomfort, but if we keep pressing forward we begin to see our future and our purpose.

 I need to allow space for exploration of ideas and feelings that may be different from my own. I am determined to listen, to learn and to change with the help of the Holy Spirit. Father God I desire with all my heart to walk in love. To know love and to be loved. I believe in you and I know that without faith it is impossible to please God. Faith means I must trust, must believe, and must be willing to step out and make a move.

 God, you reward those who earnestly and diligently seek you. Show me to me. Show me everything that must be brought to light, to be made visible to make everything clear. Even when I ask that, I know that everything will not be clear, there will be no clear answers and sometimes I just have to be OK with that.

Teach me to speak the truth in love at home, at work and at church. I Know all of my relationships help me to realize I have a right to express myself, their is room for opinions, eve if they are different from mine. Words are powerful. Allow me to use my words to empower.

Father forgive me. Forgive me for my lack of doing what you wanted me to do. I press forward to be a doer of your word. With grace and the Holy Spirit I know that I can do it. Use me the way you need to use me. I know you haven't left me Lord and I believe that you have something for me to do still. What is really important to you? Be blessed and be a blessing to someone special. Keep doing what you are doing.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive