Monday, January 22, 2007

Only God

This symbol caught my eye today as I was in our reading room at school today. Its really the multi purpose room (break room, professional development, reading, meeting, etc.) It was on one of thos kente symbol charts that I have seen for many years but never really took the time to look at it closely. I remember seeing this around the church and on different things associated with the church. I looked at the meaning on the chart and found it to be profound. "Except God" Meaning that no man can remember the first time the symbol was seen and no man will be around at the end...Except God. It allowed me to see God in my workplace. I read Tozer when I got home. Just a page that I happen to turn to near the end and it was on the sacrificial living. How we must look at our jobs and our day to day lives as acts of worship to God. If not then we fall prey to allowing the natural world to defeat us and demoralize us. That's just how I was feeling. No matter how significant or insignificant the job may be, if it is something that will honor God. It will please God. Our intention should always be to please God. Sometimes when we look at our work as insignificant and burdening we need to remember that we are important to God and he is looking at what we do. Others will look and judge but God is the ultimate judge of our actions and intentions. I can go back to work knowing that I am making a difference even if its small. I don't have to be a great teacher, just a good one with good intentions for my children. I'm feeling a better sense of acceptance. I wanted to go in and change the world. I have to be content with knowing that with time, change will come. Little by little. Well that was my little revelation today. How was your day?

Be blessed tonight and be a blessing to someone special.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive