Saturday, January 13, 2007

Good Morning

Good Morning Father Almighty

Everything is fine. You know how to encourage. Thank You Lord for loving me. My days are filled with anxiety and violence. I am wondering about this school. What was I thinking. What were you thinking? Is this where I am suppose to be? I love teaching, the abstract concept of it. I cannot stand the concrete concept of teaching which has become nothing more that behavior management and policing behavior. The conceptual idea of learning, higher level thinking seems to be lost. Some days you get them interested and others, you are just a police officer breaking up a fight, calming derogatory speech, and in general just keep calm. I know that there is a better way, a method, a plan to make this work. Others have done it, why cant I. Each situation is different. Am I too soft. Not enough stamina, backbone? I think I am being reflective because we were studying, or trying to study Martin Luther King and the attitude is so poor. They are not interested. Yea, Yea, Yea. We hear this stuff every year. What do they need to hear to understand the struggle and the continuing struggle that faces them as they mature? How does the past become important and help to build the future?

Enough, the baby is crying and I'm babysitting. Take care and have a blessedly wonderful day today.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive