Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year

What a wonderful evening. The balloons were so soulful. The release of your dreams and hopes out into the world, up to the heavens, Give it over to God.

I found it difficult to really know what I wanted. I didn't want to make a small gesture. I wanted a big gesture. Something  I could not do. My vision for myself and the city, the state the world.

We made it to the airport by 5:10 but we didn't get parked until 5:30. The security is high. The threat level is orange. Lots of security and checks. The good news is she left on time this morning. I was back home by 8am. I went to bed and couldn't sleep. I cat napped for the rest of the day. A nice hot shower tonight and a cup of tea ought to help. Of course Nana misses her little baby already.

When I had to think of my ultimate best situation and how I would get there I was at a loss. So many dreams go un done, un noticed and just don't happen. But it doesn't mean you cant still dream. Have faith and pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. Believe in the impossible, believe in yourself and know that you can achieve the impossible. Hope. Without hope we would be a sorry lot. Hope in the future. Hope springs eternal. Hope keeps me believing in tomorrow. So my new years commitment is to keep the faith, keep hope alive, believe in myself and to really take captive thoughts that go against my having hope and believing in my purpose and destiny. Its still abstract but the concrete comes in my remembering the abstract and following through to make sure that happens for me. Have a good evening.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive