Sunday, March 13, 2005

Privilege brings Responsibility

Good Morning, God Bless. The sun is shining the birds are singing, its a beautiful day. I'm preparing for church and as I was reading the bible this morning I couldn't help but be drawn to Amos 3. After watching the Passion and seeing how the Israelites were confident in their belief of Yahweh, the living God. The continued to persecute him, but it was necessary for God's palns to come to light. We are so blessed to be loved by such a powerful and forgiving God.

 They were the chosen people of God, their refuge was in him, but nevertheless the Lord's judgment fell on them.  The one's with the authority and power,  ignored and greatly feared the Messiah. They orchestrated his ultimate death on earth. Lead by satan. The abuse of thier power was evident throughout the events.

The privilege that they had with the people to convince them to kill the Christ was enormous. Christ could receive no mercy from the privileged people, the chosen people whom he loved. He took up the cross, he was privileged and yet he bore our sins and was brutally persecuted. His privilege brough a greater responsibility and ultimate earthly death.

With Power comes Responsibility.

 I ask the Lord to give me the strength of character that I need to be responsible as a person of God. To hear his voice and recognize his plans. I pray that I recognize his voice and continue to hear and walk in his ways. My steps are ordered by My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have to get my steps ready to go to church now.

"Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets." - Amos 7

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive