Saturday, January 18, 2014

Today

Well it begins. This is all fussing, complaining about People who are in charge  and want you to understand them. Its all about them. Read this book so you can understand me. This is my first time in this role, give me a break. You are expected to understand me and know that I  just want to be able to celebrate. I just got this Phd and I am hot. I am in charge of a magnet school, look at me. I, I, I, I.....ITS ALL ABOUT ME. I blame all my problems on my staff because I'm new. I didn't get to pick my staff, I do nothing to unite my staff because they really are not my staff, I didn't pick them. Any problems, its them, not me. I'm going to talk about their problems to others but not to them. I place nothing in place  for them to improve, but I will complain to parents and students and any one else who will listen. I give the kids no consequences. I just want to be their friend. I don't back my teachers and support staff. This will be a very interesting week. Three days and I already know its going to be a problem.  She expexts me to purchase every thing missing for science upfront and then get reimbursed. She  hardly pays us for meetings and after school programs as it is. I need these things to do my job. I was trying to be patient in the beginning, because of the moving and all, but when you blame me for things that are missing, then I have a problem. I didn't pack it or move it. So I complain about a bad rating. I'm suppose to be able to comment on it but she doesn't know how to do the evaluation and doesn't click the invite button. Not her fault, oh well, my bad. I have to spend an hour trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong and its nothing I  can do but send my comments as an attachment. Now I'm just mad. Then its said maybe I would be better in intermediate, with the younger kids. What's that suppose to mean? You can't handle middle grades anymore or I have someone I want for this spot. I think she has someone she wants for my spot. That's understandable, she didn't get to pick her staff. She has all these deficits that she is working with. She talks about how dissatisfied she is with the upper team yet she doesn't talk to us as a team. She doesn't meet with the student's to express her expectations and to put her foot down with them. Its all celebrate and playing the happy song and dancing. They are not held accountable by the administration. Teachers are left to fend for themselves when it comes to discipline. The kids run the school. They know there are no consequences. They do whatever they want. OK, I'm done complaining,for now. I just had to get it off my chest, this has been going on and will continue for the rest of the year. This school needed an experienced leader to really make it. Everything and everyone new is just too much disconnect. Noone knows how to unite. Leaders unite. United we stand, divided we fall.
Leadership is so important. I understand why you want us to be effective leaders at church. Poor leadership demoralizes the team, creates discontent, and doesn't move the team towards their goal. The journey is difficult enough without bad leadership. Stepping up to do your best can only allow for so much. Effective leaders are able to unite and move the team forward. We are not perfect but together we are better. Some times you can't be with the crowd. The truth is we are expected to do our best in all situations. We are human beings and we have frailities. Perfection is hard to come by. Challenges are all around. Can we make a difference in this world? Can we really work together? I believe we can. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive