Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inspiration

 Invictus (unconquered)
by 
William Ernest Henley


Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.


In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.


Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.


It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Thank you for suggesting, demanding that we as a faith community see this movie. Father God we believe that the decisions made by our leaders are divinely directed by You and that their motives are directed by You, Father God. 

We believe that the leaders are men and women of discernment, understanding and knowledge. We want to believe that the decisions made will sustain our  country and create a stable environment so that we can come together as one to rejoice in  the uncompromising authority and well being of our people. 

Father God I pray that our leaders are committed to righteousness and not wickedness. I pray that the offices and people in those offices are secure in their commitment to integrity, mercy, truth and faithfulness. Thank You God for giving us an example of forgiveness on a higher level. We are always in need of forgivness. For ourselves and for our country.


May God Bless You today. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive