Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wall Street Journal Report

I have been up a couple of hours now. I watched the Hispanic report and the black report, you cant see these things during normal times, and now I have just finished watching WSJR.
Its interesting that the Obamas' have filed their income tax and it shows that they gave 6% of their 2.6 million dollar income to charity. Where is the 10%. Where is the example that they should set and be able to display themselves as an example to their children and the world? While I am disappointed I am not surprised. Last week we find out that they had not been to church for a long while and that they are still deciding what church to make their home. Still deciding, still deciding. Just how do you make that decision when you have not tried out any of the choices. Its not a priority in their lives and it shows. I know it caused a lot of turmoil in his campaign but now he needs to show that his family has some kind of faith based influence each and every week. He can be a comfortable and safe Protestant, but he needs to be something. Giving just 6% of his income, what kind of example is that. Oh yeah its great that he chose not to take the refund he was due but he didn't tithe 10%. Bottom line. I struggle with it but it is something that I have come to grips with and know that if I get anything, I give ten percent back to God. You just have to do it and do it cheerfully.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive