Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday's Awesome Sermon

We are children of God.

The stuff of our old nature seems to stick on us. We love God but the truth is we still love the stuff. We really do love God but we have fallen into a love affair of the stuff of the old nature. We all have an "it". We say we want to be new and a new creation, but sometimes we still flirt with our "it". We still flirt with our old stuff. Schizophrenic.

Neighbor I know you want to be new but every now and then you flirt with your "it".

Most of the shows are a triangle of cheating. Most of us are caught up in a love triangle. Our love for self, Our love of God and Our love of "it". We commit spiritual adultery.  Most of us can be candidates for the Jerry Springer show. We have two natures. The d us and the new us.  We keep trying to kill the old us but every morning the old us gets up with you. New mornings and new mercies but the old "it" gets up with you. When the shouting is over and the tears of worship is over when we get home the old you is waiting at the door. I understand when you shout and I understand the old you is waiting at the door to welcome you. When you hear Luther, stuff starts to rise up in you. We have to be very careful not to judge folks. We are all just a step away... I am asking God not to make me quick to judge. We are all just a step away from the pig's pen. We are saved and schizophrenic. In the midst of our schizo behavior, I tell you that we shall be called children of God because that is what we are. Others have called you other names and the truth is sometimes we deserved to be called those names but John says God God calls us his child. God will not quit on us. No matter how much stuff we have, how many times we backslide, God wil never quit on us. God doesn't give up on us. God thank you for never giving up on me. God pours his love on us while we are still messed up, trying to clean the mud and slime that is in us off of us. God lavishes his love on us and calls us his child, even when we are acting like his enemy. Unless you embrace what I have for you as you are, you can never embrace the victory. We don't understand yet why God loves us so much. Sometimes we have a hard time loving ourselves. How can someone like you, love someone like me? With all my stuff? Sometimes we have to go through the things that we do because God is working out the wrinkles. God is trying to make us better, we have to have some heat and try to straighten out the wrinkles. When you feel heat in your life, know that God is just trying to press out your wrinkles. How can you love me with all my wrinkles? How can you love me when I do what I don't want to do and don't do what I do want to do. God pours his love on me. I don't have to understand why God loves me so I just have to accept it. I Just Have to Accept it. That's the key to letting go of the old nature. Completing embracing the sonship and daughtership that God has given us. When we accept that he really does love me then we are able to embrace and surrender to God. We cant fight the "it" by our self. The love of God will start breaking up stuff on the inside. It wil wash stuff day in and day out. The love of God will break up stuff that has been inside of us for years. Its love that never fails. Love covers up a multitude of sin. Power wash your stuff. Some of this stuff has been building up for years. But there is power in my love that can clean up years of bad behavior that can clean up years of bad behavior. If you ever just accept how much God loves you, but if you just accept the love of God. Stop trying to be so controlled. I need you. I need you. Stop being so controlled. Let the Lord of the breakthrough love you and open up your eyes. Just surrender to him and God will just start taking stuff out of your life so that you will begin to walk just as a child of God, because that's who you really are. I am a child of God. That's who I really am.

I want to be who I AM SUPPOSE TO BE, WHERE I AM SUPPOSE TO BE AND WITH WHO I AM SUPPOSE TO BE WITH. LORD, HELP ME TO ACCEPT THAT I AM A CHILD OF THE TRUE AND LIVING GOD AND THAT YOU LOVE ME. YOU LOVE ME. GOD LOVES ME.

I started talking to Helen today. I plan to call tomorrow and talk some more. We will see where this leads.

I pray that God blesses you and that you are a blessing to someone, everyone that you meet. Be blessed and be a blessing.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive