Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Sermon

I call the sermon the edited version because it was not the full service.
When I listened to the service, it was disconnected and jagged. I wanted the full experience and I was shortchanged. Now I have to listen to the service, while its in its entireties, its not the same as listening to the full service. Its just a piece of the service.An important piece but non the less only a piece. When the worship becomes a piecemeal part, its not the same. I know disappointment can paralyze you.

I was there for the Morning Glory. I was disappointed. I couldn't bring myself to come to the Sunday Service. I REFUSE TO GIVE UP. TO STOP WALKING, TO JUST GIVE UP. I KNOW DISAPPOINTMENT IS REAL. I FEEL DISAPPOINTMENT. I KNOW THAT ITS A PART OF LIFE. THE BIBLE IS FULL OF DISAPPOINTMENT. DISAPPOINTMENT IS REAL.

It's important to be able to deal with the indifference of the people.  What really matters to God the most is the pureness of our heart. What's in our heart? Because of what's in our heart, God says the pureness of our heart keeps us connected Lets take this dream that seems to have dried up like a raisin the sun go away. I will not let my disappointment pull me down. Never allow disappointment to pull me and to tabernacle me. Hold on to my vision, my dream, my heart. Because of what's in my heart I know God knows that I did well. I had to deal with that but that's not who I am. God knows who I am. I have a place in God's divine plan and divine purpose. Its a relay race. Lay the foundation. Do your part in the relay race. Do what God has called you to d, you can rejoice that I may not get there but we will get there because truth is marching on. Do what God has called you to do. Fulfill the task in the relay race. God, I understand I may not seeall that I am working for, fighting for, in my time, I will gather the materials, lay the foundation for the temple of peace, equality and justice. I just want to know that we shall get there one day. I may be disappointed but God I will not disappoint you in Jesus name. Thank You God.   

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive