Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My Trinity

Hello

I pray that you have had a good day today. I am exhausted. We had so much to do with the children. Two more days and its over. Then on break for a month.

I heard yesterday that one of our students was held up at gun point by another child. When he got off the bus at his school some pointed a gun to his head and stole his gold chain and cell phone. Praise the Lord that they didnt take his life. We told him he can replace all of that but there is no way we can replace him. He was a young latino student and he thinks it was a gang member. These children are in a war zone right now. They cant even walk home from the bus without being robbed or threatened.

We have to protect our selves daily. Pray, pray, pray. We need to get the guns out of the young peoples hands.  There should not be a gun in a young person's hand. The accessibility is just too much. Thank God you and other place are having a gun turn-in this Saturday. Awareness is so important.

We have to love ourselves enough to say I will not harm you, I will not say things that are hurtful and I will treasure life. My life, Your life and anyone else who might be in danger. Love ourselves enough to say it matters how I feel about me. We have to work hard to get our children to love themselves.

I dont want drift away. To cause any separation or distance between us. Have a good night sleep and be well rested for your tomorrow. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive