Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hi

Hi

How was your day today?

I heard that another child was shot in Evanston.

The young girl who was shot earlier this week was from the same school we had our training at last week.

This has gone beyond the ridiculous. Things must change.

I was talking to my brother about the fact that we have targeted Chuck's Gun Shop and found out from him that about five years ago Mayor Daley did a 60 minutes piece and pointed out that the majority of guns involved in violent crimes were traced back to that gun shop. The fact that guns are not able to be traced anymore is crazy. I'm sure  that gun shop has not reduced his trafficking of guns. The question is less of the fact that its legal and more on the moral side of how can you continue to sell to people that you know are turning around and making sure they get in the hands of gangs and young people.

I have been trying to explain gun laws that I don't even truly understand. I see that we are asking for background checks to mandatory. Am I to believe that there are no background checks now? What do they ask for now, a driver's license and FOI card is my understanding. Anyone can get an FOI card. How lax ar the gun laws and why, why, why. Don't we care about people?

Where are there rest of the churches? Why aren't their more people than just the Faith Community? Don't they care? We have got to come together on this issue. As we can see, guns are all over the place and in more hands than we what to think about. Maybe that's the problem too. We don't want to think about it. We have become desensitize to the problems. Until it reaches home with us where one of our loved ones has be murdered.


I have to go now. I'm babysitting again and he just woke up.

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive