Friday, June 8, 2007

Developing Healthy Friendships

Lord, Lord, Lord. Why does an man who knows the truth continue to exaggerate the lie? When something that was done innocently is misconstrued and exploited, especially by people who are suppose to be within your circle of friends, family and associates turn on you , what are you suppose to think. Dear God help us to develop healthy relationships. Friends who encourage us and who fellowship with us and who provide companionship when we are in need. Let us know that the source of love, companionship and friendship is really within us. It is your love  and friendship that is expressed in our relationship with the Body of Christ.

Iron sharpens Iron, so friends sharpen the mind of each other. Leave positive and encouraging things in our friends. As we learn from each other let it be the worthy purpose that you have given us. Keep us balanced so that we will always seek to please you Lord rather than pleasing others. Give us divine connections, good friendships and the courage and grace to let go of detrimental friendships. We as and receive faith to develop healthy relationships. Your word says that two are better than one, tow are better than on, when one fails there is someone to lift them up. We need to lift up and encourage each other. Father God you know our hearts and the hearts of the people in our lives. Allow us not to be deceived by bad friendships that corrupt and do not have good morals for our lives and situation. Thank you for building strong character within us. Character that draws us closer to you Lord. Help us to be a better friend to our good friends.  To laugh with those who need to laugh and to rejoice with those that need to rejoice, and to weep with those that need to weep. Teach me to be a good and loyal friend. A quality friend. Develop a fun personality in me. One that has a good sense of humor and relaxing to be around. Allow me to be myself. I am a fun person. Instruct my heart and mold my character so that I may be faithful and trustworthy in my relationship. Continue to send me into a good life. Father God, I know that Your Son is My Real Best Friend. I know that he sticks closer than a brother. Jesus defines the standard for all friendships and love.

"Greater love hath no man than this, than a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Thank you Lord that I can trust you and in trusting you I can trust myself. My need for my friends to be true, honest and loyal keeps me submissive to you. I submit the leadership to the Holy Sprit. Thank you Lord for your Love.

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive