Thursday, April 26, 2007

Good Night

We the People. Today was a day of trying to teach the first amendment in everyday life for my students. We got stuck on freedom of speech. Then they wanted to talk about something that hit close to home. Domestic Violence. The horrible tradgedy of the two brothers killed while trying to save their sister from a rapist. These were people their own ages and the events they could relate to. A mother who works the graveyard shift. A boyfriend with a key.  Some of my girls were adament that they knew someone who had been hurt. Boys wanted to talk about who died young that they knew. We have been working on their family tree so that has brought up may memories. I want them to move forward and not backwards. I want them to have hope for their future. I pray for help in standing for the issues for today. We have leaders who are so desperately trying to get our attention and our vote. Can they help the children? We need spirit empowere boldness. Thank God its Friday tomorrow. I have had enough of this week. I pray that tomorrow will be a better day. Be blessed tonight and be a blessing to someone special.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive