Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Cars

God this whole car thing is just too much sometimes. Did I give the car because I thought it was a great car, no. I gave the car because I had used it and I was able to get back and forth to work for almost a year and I would still be using it if no for my father's car. That in itself is another story. I dont find it a blessing having that new car, there is more to that than meets the eye as well. If you knew the cost of that oil, if you really knew, you would not be so ready to judge me as someone being blessed. My knowing the cost and reasons that he is here now does not warrant me to think blessing.My giving that old car, a seventeen year car was not to offer up a junky sacrafice to God. I would take it back today if that were the case. I know it has problems but I thought it might be of help to someone. I know so many people in the church who dont have a car and rather than me just giving it to them and having someone mad at me for not picking them, I would rather let you decide. If you dont feel its suitable to give to anyone then dont. I was trying to stay faithful to the church and thought before I got rid of it maybe the church might know someone who works on cars and could give it to someone.Did I do the wrong thing? Lord I tithe, I try to give of my time, treasures and talents. I am constantly searching for faithfulness in my life. I dont want the car to be a problem, I'll take it back if it seem to be a thoughtless gift or a demeaning gift. It was not given in that spirit. Lord I dont refuse correction, I seek you daily and I strive to deal honestly and seek the truth in all of my dealings. If I am at fault and this was not good, let it stop now. Today I thought about that in connection with the car. Sunday's sermon connected with me today. Forgive me Lord, I didnt know.  

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive