Sunday, April 29, 2007

Good Night

Good Night. I didn't make the rally. I decided to give money instead. I went to the website and donated my available money to the save Darfur campaign. I wanted to do something for them today.  Its thundering right now, it reminds me of your story today about being afraid. Are we afraid of each other? I know that it has been three years since I started this journal and a lot has happened since then. I have Gone through a terrific time of student teaching, then working at a very tough school, only to be let go. After that I found another terrible school and after the second year I am let go. All of the time nothing personal. Each time I pray for the teachers in my position who may not have help. Hundreds of teachers each year are automatically let go and there is hardly a blink of an eye. Every year that I have been in this system hundreds each year have been let go. 2005, there were over fifteen hundred. 2006, over a thousand, and now 2007, over seven hundred. In the past three years, over 2500 teachers, mostly women, have been unemployed by a whim of a principal.  I pray that they find solace and peace in their life. Its a very unnerving thing to find out you have lost your job. The teachers are not given any support and are just told to find a new spot. Most of the time they are able but that is not secure either. I'm sure you know what its like to not know if you will have a job next year, or even next month. But now you are secure with at least another six years. I will have to continue to pray for guidance from God. I'm looking at Bolingbrook, Naperville and Plainfield. Well its late. I have to get ready for tomorrow. I plan to take my days off before I leave too. I have to figure out when I want those things. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive