Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Brave

Psalm 71:19-24


19 
Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens,

you who have done great things.
Who is like you, God?
20 Though you have made me see troubles,
many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
you will again bring me up.
21 You will increase my honor
and comfort me once more.
22 I will praise you with the harp
for your faithfulness, my God;
I will sing praise to you with the lyre,
Holy One of Israel.
23 My lips will shout for joy
when I sing praise to you—
I whom you have delivered.
24 My tongue will tell of your righteous acts
all day long,
for those who wanted to harm me
have been put to shame and confusion.

My Lord, My Lord, thank you for everything. Thank you for the bed that I slept in last night, thank you for the patient home health worker for my dad. Thank you for the daughter who is about to put a ring in her nose, even though I think it's stupid, it's her nose. Thank you for the constant arguments with my mother so that I never feel comfortable and want to stay any longer than I have yo stay. Thank you for encouraging me to keep my focus on moving up and out. I am not too old for change. Every encounter is an opportunity to express myself. Eye contact is important, wait time is important. Listening and knowing that someone has something to say that may be difficult to start, but it is important to not just move past them and try to check out what food is available, or who's the next one to meet. Live in the moment. Every person in frot of you is important. Pause a minute and give them a minute of your valuable time, it might be worth it. Show that you care about the one in front of you, not that you are trying to move on to the next person or the next thing to do. See me, hear me. Listen to me. Ask me a question, talk to me. I am not an ornament. Thank you Lord for today. My day will be great because you are in my life Lord. When all else fails me, I can depend on you. Thank you Lord, I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive