Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sadness

Today I found out that one of my former students was killed on Thursday. Sad, sad, sad. Was he a problem child in sixth grade, yes. He already had a record. Had been in juvie for stealing a car with some other boys. I only had him for sixth grade but it was apparent that if some truly strong intervention didn't happen then this outcome was inevitable. He never had a real chance. He didn't value education and had difficulty reading and staying focused. I could come up with dozens of reasons why he couldn't cope. He was one of ten children, his mother was/had been in jail, he had very low reading skills and reasoning and comprehension is difficult for him.

But despite all of this I would like to think that he could overcome these obstacles but he was still just a boy. He was a child. No more than 15 years old. What could he have know about taking care of himself and staying on the right track. Who was ever around to show him what to do? I just feel sorry for him. As I look at my students now I see two or three who can follow this same road. Its never all of them. Its just a few who are lost. So I try to encourage those who will take encouragement and lead them down the right path. We had our last Saturday school today. Thank God.

I really, really enjoyed last night. it was such an intimate evening. Everything was so enjoyable. I'm glad I decided to go. I thought it might be difficult but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thank You for bring such a wonderful, interesting talent to our church. Thank You. Thank You.

Well, good night and God Bless. Its been a long day and I am praying for a good evening. Take Care of Yourself. We don't have a lot of time. Nothing is promised to us. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive