Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good Morning

Psalm 119:81-83
81 I am worn out waiting for your rescue,
but I have put my hope in your word.

82 My eyes are straining to see your promises come true.
When will you comfort me?

83 I am shriveled like a wineskin in the smoke,
but I have not forgotten to obey your decrees.

Father God I am amazed at the dilligence that must happen.Daily, constant, never ending faith.  I read this passage about pool maintenance and some things became clearer to me. This family had purchased a small home with a pool. They thought the pool was a nice gift, instead the daily maintenance was astounding. If a schedule was not maintained and followed daily, algae would begin to grow. It was there all the time but without daily chemicals and scrubbing, it would overtake the pool. So sudden this gift becomes a major responsibility. The family goes on vacation for a week and forgets to dump a heavy dose of chemicals in the pool and, so they return to a lot of gunk.  Because of their initial neglect, algae or sin, is able to multiply and multiply and multiply. What a mess. Without daily devotion to God, without daily reading and meditating of the word, I allow gunk to get in. Gunk just waits, just like the algae in the pool. Its always there, its never going to go away. There is never a moment where I get to say finished, I dont have to do this anymore. So in order to enjoy my gift I have to maintain it daily. I dont forget that there is joy in my promise and that my heart, mind and soul need daily cleaning to maintain the right levels of worship and devotion. Sunday and Tuesdays are not enough. So when I wake in the morning, I know that without a doubt, I'm cleaning my pool. A place of enjoyment. I have the tools to clean it and if done daily, I will have a wonderful place to swim.

When I feel God's promise far off in my life I must ask God to stay near. I must cling to his promises' no matter what happens. God is God and that's all that matters. My time is not His time. My ways are not His ways. As verse 81 says, I am worn out waiting for your rescue but I put my hope in your word. I dont give up. Never, ever, ever. I know that God's word is true. I put a heavy dose of chemicals in the pool, kill the algae and scrub the gunk. Its a process and the time it takes to clean up a gunky pool is not immediate. The time it takes to clean up my messy devotional time is not easy either. I have to stop hitting that snooze button in the morning, even when I hit it, I dont go back to sleep, most times. I cant rely on just listening to cds in the car. I must take the quiet, individual time, early in the morning and recognize that this is the best time for me. Seek Him early, when He may be found.

Its time to get ready now. I'm running late and I know it, but this was important. Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone. God Bless You, I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive