Thursday, January 3, 2008

Stand for Change

What a good thing we have when change can occur unabated.

I am so happy that Obama was the winner. The press will do his advertising  now for the next few days. Save the campaign some money. We will see a change in this country. Its overdue.

I watched the PBS documentary about some Detroit third graders from 1968 who had a black teacher and they were 90 percent white, that taught them them meaning of Dr. King's dream. That really was a magical time. The men walked on the moon, cities rioted, people were ready for a change then and they are ready for a change now.

Now I am watching Obama's speech and I believe he can do it. I pray that he does it. I pray that he continues to keep people around him who are truly knowledgeable about the needs of the people. I pray that he quits smoking and eats a healthy diet. I don't want him to die like Harold Washington, due to bad health and a poor diet. I pray that his wife is going to see that he is healthy and that he gets the rest he needs. I pray that he realizes that he can be his biggest downfall now. Take care of himself. Live throughout the term. Value his health right now and in the future. Stop Smoking!

How are you today! Did you take care of yourself today? Are you trying to be respectful of your life expectancy? There are many people who need you and are willing to let you lead them to something better. Including me. Take care of yourself. That's all I have to say. Be blessed and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive