Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good Morning

Good Morning Lord. We havent been down this road together in a while.Early, early morning worship. What seems to be the topic of discussion in my prayers, overcoming a feeling of rejection. Rejection seems to create an identity crisis. When who you are in the world is given an opportunity to have the self destructive tapes erased that have played in your mind or been stored for a long time comes into contact with God-thoughts and God's opinions about you, the rejection doesnt seem to matter as much.

God saw me and approved of me in my mother's womb. (Psalm 139:13-16) God gave me survival tools that I would need to battle this world.

Life for me has never been a crystal stair. This is one of the first poems that I memorized as a child. It spoke to me in my situation then and it speaks to me now.

Mother to Son by Langston Hughes

Well, son, I'll tell you:
Life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
And splinters,
And boards torn up,
And places with no carpet on the floor --
Bare.
But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
And reachin' landin's,
And turnin' corners,
And sometimes goin' in the dark
Where there ain't been no light.
So boy, don't you turn back.
Don't you set down on the steps
'Cause you finds it's kinder hard.
Don't you fall now --
For I'se still goin', honey,
I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair.

 

I find that the struggle is always there. Future rejection may hurt, but it will only be for a season (1Peter 1:6)

I'se still climbin'

Victory over my feelings of rejection come through prayer in faith and love.

Father God there is cause and effect in every thing we do. When things hapen to us that we just have to cry out to Jesus for, you know the reason. When we are our own worst enemy, you know the reason. Cause and Effect. Something happened to us long ago and we dont want to remember it now. We know we have to though to move on. Isnt that what everyone says. Face the past, to move to your new future. Butwe dont face it alone. We walk with Jesus. I approach your throne with grace and confidence Lord. I ask you to forgive my sins, and I pray to receive your mercy, I expect your healing grace to dispel the rejection I feel.

Newton's Three Law's of Motion

Law One

An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

This law is often called
"the law of inertia".

or

This means that there is a natural tendency of objects to keep on doing what they're doing. All objects resist changes in their state of motion. In the absence of an unbalanced force, an object in motion will maintain this state of motion.

Second Law

Acceleration is produced when a force acts on a mass. The greater the mass (of the object being accelerated) the greater the amount of force needed (to accelerate the object).

or

Everyone unconsiously knows the Second Law. Everyone knows that heavier objects require more force to move the same distance as lighter objects.

Third Law

For every action there is an equal and opposite re-action.

or

This means that for every force there is a reaction force that is equal in size, but opposite in direction. That is to say that whenever an object pushes another object it gets pushed back in the opposite direction equally hard.

(thanks to Rice University)

S to begin to use the Laws of Motion as a metaphor on my life and my relationship with God I have to say that Law One is my ability to keep doing the same thing and to keep getting the same results until that unbalanced force is introduced. That push to go farther, see more, do more, and the balance is disturbed. Law two certainly lets me know that the object that is blocking me is huge, it requires more force. The third that there is a reaction to the push. So Lord I end now, I'm moving forward with force and I know that the reaction will be equal in strength but in the opposite direction. I will set my heart on Jesus. I will keep purpose in my mind, body and soul and I fight to the end to receive your justice and mercy. I am not interested in any of my goals if they fall contrary to God's goals. I want nothing in life but to please God.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive