Thursday, August 9, 2007

Thursday

 

Hope

God wants to know my concerns and frustrations. Let me tell God what has been making me impatient lately. I pray that God can make me a person who can wait. I pray for patience and guidance.

Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord's coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near. Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The judge is standing at the door! James 5:7-9

 

So I stay hoepful and patient. How do I do that. See the humor in things. Be encouraging, not discouraging. Believe in happiness. Believe in miracles, not statistics. Be loving and generous and watch love and generosity fill my life in return. Allow myself to love others and to be loved by others. Allow others to express themselves without critism and fear. Hope goes hand in hand with joy, dreams, and goals. All the things that drive us forward. Courage is Hope. Just keep hoping. Hope implies trust in what is right in the universe.

What is making me impatient in the universe lately? Its the fraility of life. In a moment, we can be gone form here and the things we were planning for mean nothing. Am I satisfied with where I am today? Do I want more, something different, something more meaningful? God watches over His word in our lives and if we allow Him to perform it, we see hope, joy and dreams come alive.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive