Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Thank You Lord

Today was a successful day.

Your words yesterday were helpful in dealing with the parents of  my problem children. Some parents came in smelling of liquor and it allowed me to understand more what the child must deal with. Some parents had little education themselves and here I was trying to tell them how their child was failing and needed to apply themselves more. I tried not to come across as a thoughtless, snobby  teacher. I believe I connected with the parents and didn't judge or become condesending. While I hope some butts got whipped, I also hope I have given the parents the ability to know that I want to help their child and that I care about them. Being able to recognize the authority the parents have with their child and trying to work together to make their child successful. Not overstepping my boundaries yet still having a voice in the decision making process for the child. I am so glad its over. Now for the fourth quarter. The principal came to my room today and said she was trying to find a  way to keep me for the fall. She will let me know in June. I believe she will try.

I prayed for you today while driving in. The drive was so short compared to my usual drive time. I thought about you and tried to write earlier but as soon as I logged on a parent came in and I had to do a conference. Now I get to write to you. I know this frustrates you because it frustrates me. So I touch my heart, then the screen, and know that as I sit here at the computer, somewhere else, at some other time, you will sit at your computer, and maybe touch the screen and know that we connected today. Each day we connect.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive