Sunday, April 24, 2005

Born To Win

I'm listening to the service and I have to say that you didn't say " God Bless you to those listening on the internet". It doesn't surprise me, because I told you I would be listening and not at the service so you were mad. So God Bless you anyway. I couldn't be there and I really wanted to be there, I rarely miss a service.This was truly an exception.  I'm there almost every Sunday and Tuesday. I'm there for special stuff and not so special stuff. I just couldn't make it today. I wasn't home wallowing in depression and self doubt. You make me sound like such a pitiful character. Yes, I have crisises that I go through, who doesn't. But I'm still here. I'm still here. I'm here.

This is the second entry for this service, the first one I lost before I could enter it. I typed it and it was long too, but , I guess God didn't want me to say that. When I went to save it it dissappeared. So I am trying this again. I want to grow and I want to be successful for God. Church smart and street smart. The challenges I face are real as they are for everyone else. I don't want to be destroyed by the landmines and obstacles that are placed before me. I know that the Lord is with me because I wake up every morning with the use of my limbs, my mind and the ability to speak. If I wake up I know God has saved me for another battle. God gives me the opportunity to get it right one more time. I haven't lost yet. I may be down but I'm not out. I praise the Lord daily and I am blessed that everyday, so far, I get to choose to do the right thing. Has so much come between us that the distance has gone to another level? Are we going through a trial where God has forgotten us? Is the communication at the level of nonexistence?  Should we walk away from this?  Have you moved on? I just have to call on the Lord and ask him to intercede for me. God didn't save me to be defeated. He didn't have me survive so I could lose over and over again. I'm still here so there is something that has to be done. I still have work to do and its not over yet.

I'm going to end this now so I don't lose it again. If God's word is true then there is nothing the deveil can do to change that. The distractions in my life are things that we all go through. Job, family, health. When it seems like I am walking away from the stuff God has called me to don't believe it, I'm walking towards it.  The deveil is a liar and the obstacles he places before me make the journey more of an zig zag than a straight line. Things look rough but I have to be real and know that I can't do it alone. I need God to go with me on this journey. Come what may, I need Him with me.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive