Friday, April 23, 2010

Saving our Children

Lord how do we get the message across to the parents, the mothers, the fathers that they are a large part of the destruction of our children?
I have a parent who refuses to answer the phone. Her own family says she wont return their phone calls. She has two boys who are literally on their own. One, the one in my class cant return to school with out a parent. Its time for us to make a home visit. Her other son is in eighth grade and he is looking at not having anything like pictures and luncheon, and even the graduation gown. She just doesnt care about her children.

She's not the only one with this kind of stand off behavior with her children. I heard a woman on the radio say she faults herself. She did drugs, she smoked and now her child is a behavior problem in school and home. She seems to be confronting her mistakes and saying, I know I did wrong but now I am going to do what I can to help my child.

You know I think about the fact that, if we have women raising these children, for whatever reason, then women must MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THEIR CHILDREN'S LIFE. The key is finding out how to do that. Teach them. Show them the way. How do we help them raise their children so that they dont keep killing each other?

We have to look at where we are. The men have not or will not step up to the plate and reign these boys in. Its going to have to happen with the women. Somehow we have to change their lives. We have to change our lives. We have to make an impact. Lord help us to get their attention.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive