Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Perseverance

Father God the course you have set before me is clear. You have called me to be an intercessor. To stand in the gap. I see so many who are sad, lonely, and wanting to give up. The senseless crime. I think of the widow who lost her husband and friend.

I pray for her daily. I pray that she continues to find a reason to get up and continue her life. Lord remain in her as you remain in me. Without you we can do nothing. Allow her to not grow weary and overburdened with the pain and heartache.

Help her to remember that Jesus said "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28

Lord I throw off everything that hinders me from doing the things I need to do. Handle my dad's business. Call the chimney repair, even though we have no money, call the lawyer, even though we have no money. Know that God will be with us in this journey and that we are not alone. I will not lose heart and grow weary during my time of intercession. I chide myself because I think I should be able to do better with him but I am only human and I have to understand my limitations.

Thank you God for guiding me through this time and all times that I encounter pressure. Thank you God for hearing my prayers for others. I am just amazed at the sadness in the world. When they talk about the attempted bomber terrorist, we learn he was lonely. Often times they are desperate and alone. Isolated by choice. Just like our children who seem to find solace in the gangs or a life of crime. First its curiosity, the its camaraderie, and finally its a way to escape. Its not that simple. It just isn't one thing, its many things for each person. Its an overburden of pain and heartache over many years. We have to encourage and inspire them to find value in doing the right things. Find value in becoming a contributing member of society. Find value in each other. We are such a throwaway society, we have the notion that we can throw each other away. We are not disposable. We need each other to succeed. We need each other. We need to show that love more and more.

So I am going to get ready to get out of here and go to Staples and get some paper then go to school. First, I have a couple of phone calls to make.

Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive