Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Need to Give

2 Corinthians 8
Generosity Encouraged
1 And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches.
2 Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity.
3 For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own,
4 they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints.
5 And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will.
6 So we urged Titus, since he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part.
7 But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us[a]—see that you also excel in this grace of giving.

8 I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others.
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

Father God I reflect on my need to be generous from the heart. I pray and listen carefully to the feelings, fears, thoughts and ideas of the people that I come into contact with today. I ask the Holy Spirit for discernment while dealing with my children. I know horseplay is abundant. I must separate that from serious bouts of nonsense. Thank you Lord for giving me an opportunity to focus on the purpose of their hearts. Their intentions are not to harm and if I give them time they will understand the difference. Give me the power of love and a calm well balanced mind and heart. Allow me to use discipline and self control when dealing with them today. Let generosity pour out of me today. Allow me to show love to someone today. I love You, God Bless You today.

Be blessed and be a blessing to someone. Stay Warm!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive