Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Knowing Me

The love of God rises up from within me. You cannot really know me unless I speak from my heart of hearts. I must chose to share myself with you-my thoughts, my ideas and my feelings. Obviously I am who I am.

My demographics are what have classified me. If we look at me using statistical data, I shouldn't have made it. I come from the inner city of a huge urban area. I grew up during some of the worst racial times around. I saw presidents and peacemakers killed for their opinions.

I attended mostly all minority grammar and high schools. When I left home and was introduced to the other world I was lost for a time.

I learned how to read and write and calculate because I knew it would help me out of this jungle. I knew that God had a plan for me and it was better than what I knew now. exposed me to racial prejudice on a level that I had never been tested before. I found isolation and I found comfort.

I learned that when I was the only one in Iceland, there interest was pure curiosity, not hate. I learned how people are taught to hate others. Either through their religion, or their skin color.

I pray that if I have prejudice in me, that God will expose it and send the Holy Spirit to uncover it and deliver me from it. God you work from within and today you sent me to this section to read so I take it on.

I didn't turn the page and say not me, I didn't hide from it, nor do I embrace it. I pray for any barriers to come down and for me to know peace in this matter.

I felt that there was no division or problem but maybe there is. I don't know of a situation or wrong doing, but I beg forgiveness for anything that I may have done or said that showed me to be prejudice. I want to come together and show how precious you are in my life.

Hebrews 1:9
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Be blessed today and be a blessing to someone.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive