Monday, December 28, 2009

My Mailbox

Someone knocked my mailbox down this weekend. Just plowed into it. We share a post with our neighbors across the street so we were all out wondering what to do. Finally today, she called the post office and they are going to keep our mail at the post office where we will pick it up for the next thirty days and also set up a temporary mailbox for us. Snow is on the ground, the ground is frozen, there's no digging a post hole in this weather. I guess this happens a lot since the post office had a solution readily available. We can only figure there's a car with some damage riding around this neighborhood. That has been our concern for the weekend.

We have been playing Nintendo Wii too. We have a new game, Super Mario Bros. We use to play nintendo during the Christmas holidays when the girls were younger so now we are going back to old habits. Games, games, games. Its either Mario Karts, Wii Sports, Guitar Hero, or Zuma Revenge. Playing with the wonderful pirate ship that we had to put together for Christmas.

I have to go into school tomorrow and Wednesday for a meeting so that we can get the kids ready for ISAT.

I cant skate very well so I wont be at the skating. I broke my ankle skating before and I have never really liked it. I look forward to the New Year's Eve Celebration. I plan to get some movie time in before I have to go back. Vacation time does go by fast. I have about four movies I want to see.

My dad has so many problems, legal problems, depression, I just want to maintain good relations. Try to do the right thing. I have to make the arrangements to get the chimney fixed. Take him to court for his court date, get the hall painted so it can pass village inspection, and get some tenants in there. Of course the lady who moved in is still there and nobody is paying anything but us for the heat. What I know I can do about this is get the chimney fixed and the wall painted so it can pass inspection and housing will pay her rent. I'm not going to be preoccupied with the stuff. Its just that, stuff.

So I'm watching this show on A&E called Hoarders. Its about people who have so much stuff in their home its beyond imagination. This episode is about a lady who had a very abusive childhood where her mother showed her no love, so as an adult with two grown children who dont live with her, she has turned into this hoarder. Her son said something that reminded me of what you said on Sunday. Things just get so bad that you just begin to accept that as the norm and get used to it being so bad. Dont get used to things being so bad. Dont let that be the norm and dont accept less.

So, that's what I have been doing. I have done a whole lot of nothing too. Just trying to keep my sanity and make some sort of plan to move forward and not backwards. I take it one day at a time. It got to be something more I can do, I'm still here. God has a plan for me and I'm still here. He never promised me a rose garden, but I know the fact that I am here is something. I will not lose heart and grow weary and faint. I will act upright in my dealings.
So I end this with the true and heartfelt "Be Blessed and Be a Blessing to Someone. I love you.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive