Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Faithful Disciple

Father God as I reflect on rebellious teenagers and I continue to pray that they listen to me today because it our science fair, I also want to pray that I listen to them. I pray that I give an ear to their words that are correct and not just shoo them away with the usual, yea, yea, whatever. I want to affirm them and speak excellent and princely things in their lives. When I open my mouth I want to be able to speak the right things. Just as Jesus did when He was tempted in the desert. When the devil came to tempt Jesus, after having fasted for 40 days and nights, he came challenging him with something new. But in each challenge, Jesus refuted with the Word. Matthew 4, It is written:

"Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God"

"Do not put the Lord Your God to the test"

"Worship the Lord your God and serve him only"

Jesus' ability to resist temptation through satan's enticement of food for the body was rejected, his enticement by twisting the Word of God was further rejected with using wise words and finally the offer of worldly power was rejected.

Satan attacks us with our body and spirit. I must remember that when someone is feeling discouraged or inferior or frustrated before me that my responsibility is not to bring them lower. I must find it within me to not break their spirit further.

To stand in the gap until they come to their senses and to not be bound up with grudges and misgivings. I pray for them to escape out of the enemies snare and to to reconcile their heart with their families and people who have cared and loved them. Reconcile with the people who have stood with you.

To be a faithful disciple means to leave everything behind and follow Jesus. It must have been amazing to see Jesus heal the sick. The ones who had diseases of the body and the mind.

Seizures, paralyzed, possessed, all sorts of illnesses, healed, truly healed, not TV ministry, prayer cloth, healed because you are in the moment, healed. These were people who came probably without faith in him but faith in the fact that he had the power to heal, and he didn't let them down.

That Good News travels fast. Let someone know they can go to a doctor, a healer for free and it works, crowds and crowds of people will come. But Jesus had a Word for them too.

Once he got their attention, their focus was on Him. They could then listen to what he had to say. Reconcile the hearts of the rebellious. Bring them back into relationship with God and others. Thank you God for watching over your word to perform it and to not let your word go out in vain.

Be blessed today and be a wonderful blessing to someone. I love you.n I think I found my Joy in this journal again.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive